Orlando Gonzalez is a trial lawyer with over sixteen years of litigation experience in both the criminal and family law. Mr. Gonzalez’s trial experience includes a wide variety of jury trials ranging from DUI to attempted 1st degree murder. In addition, Mr. Gonzalez has successfully represented clients in family law actions involving, divorce, child custody, child support, petition for relocation and paternity matters. Mr. Gonzalez provides representation in all Florida Courts and in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
In addition, Mr. Gonzalez represents the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office with litigation in forfeiture matters. Forfeiture matters involve the seizure of property, e.g. US currency, automobile and/or boats by law enforcement officers, when a person is accused or a violation of law (committing a crime).
Mr. Gonzalez attended Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI on a full athletic scholarship. Mr. Gonzalez was selected to the Michigan All-State baseball first team as a junior and senior at Bishop Gallagher High School in Harper Woods, Michigan. After attending E.M.U. Mr. Gonzalez joined the West Palm Beach Police Department where he worked as a road patrolman and as a detective in the Special Operations Division. In 1993 Mr. Gonzalez attended Stetson University College of Law and has been in practice since 1996. Mr. Gonzalez’s police experience provides a tremendous advantage to his clients charged with violations of Florida and/or Federal laws.
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- J.D. - 1996
- Eastern Michigan University
- Barry University
- B.S. - 1982
- Bishop Gallagher High School in Harper Woods, Michigan
- West Palm Beach Police Department in the Patrol Division, Detective Bureau and Special Investigations Unit (Narcotics)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Criminal Defense Lawyers of Florida
- Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Drug Charges
- DUI / Sobriety Test
- Violent Crimes / Gun Charges
- Robbery / Theft
- Domestic Violence
- Asset Seizure / Forfeiture
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida